BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Abuelita



I lost my precious grandmother yesterday:( This is my Dad's mom~ this was my Nonna!


My heart is so sad and aches being so far away! You never truly know when it will be your last time of seeing someone when there is such a great distance between you. But God gave me the chance to see her a year ago when I went back home to CR. And then this summer my mom was blessed to see her again & show her Josiah's picture. Her 1st great grandchild! She loved him so much already and wanted to meet him so bad. When I talked to her on Tuesday she was so excited to learn that we were traveling in just a few weeks and she was going to be waiting to meet him! She said when she st saw Josiah picture in her amazing Italian accent.


" Well, I didn't pick you Josiah, you picked me to be your great grandma"


My grandmother was the most beautiful woman. She was Italian and from Royalty. She would always captivate me with her stories of Italy & the castles they lived in. She was a true Fairytale but so real and so exquisite in her ways. She was graceful, beautiful, classy, kind, gentle and all about Love:) That's where my family says I get my love & mushiness.


She has a true love story too with my Grandpa too. He was the love of her life & now they are together again in the most Majestic Kingdom of all!!!! And know she is with her true King~ our God.


From the begining Sam & I always wanted our sons middle name to be Ramon after my grandfather & its actually Sams middle name too. My grandmother was so excited when we told her this. She said it was like her Ramon was back.


We were so captivated by the name Desalegn that we wanted to honor that too being Josiah's given name.


Well today we want to honor mi Abuelita Gabriela & mi Abuelito Ramon and also bless our 1st son with his name..... Josiah Desalegn Ramon Nunez!


****Abuelita te amo con todo mi corazon, Tu me llenaste con tanto amor en mi vida y siempre me hacida sentir tan especial. Nunca se me va holvidar los memorias de chiquita asta ahora. Solo el hecho de que tu dijeras mi nombre con tu bello acento Italiano me demostravas to amor hacia mi. Tu forma hacer fue muy especial y lo tendre guardado muy adentro de mi corazon!!*****


Su Nieta y Bisnieto para siempre,


Ana Laura y Josiah~ Ramon:)

2 comments:

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Ana,
I am so sorry to hear this! We will be praying for you and your family. Only a little over three weeks now and you will be traveling to meet your son!

Anna said...

Ana,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What a wonderful grandmother!!! I am so glad to hear she is in Jesus's arms today. What a beautiful thing....
I hope to meet and see you this weekend. Maybe tonight?
love,
Anna